Home Remedies for Acne

15:23

Having combination skin that's sensitive to most facial products is awfully annoying and troublesome, and that's from first-hand experience. Like most people out there, I have traces of oil from my forehead and nose, and dry cheeks.

Whenever I attempt to use makeup (for on-stage performances or special occasions), my face would erupt in angry red zits the very next day. No matter how thoroughly I remove the makeup or do any post-makeup skin care regime, the same acne disaster will strike without fail.

I've tried Biotherm, TheFaceShop, Odbo, and many other brands of skin products but they don't seem to work effective enough for me to protect my skin from these inflammations. Finally, I've decided I've had enough with slathering such chemicals onto my skin, and forking out so much money to achieve little results.

Perhaps home remedies will be much cheaper and work better for me. IT DID.


1. Vinegar skin cleanser/toner 

Using vinegar as a skin cleanser/toner dates back to ancient times (think Helen of Troy)! After you wash your face, mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water as a finishing rinse to cleanse and tighten your skin. It's great for unblocking pores and preventing acne infections! My face cleared after about a month of using this daily. Do take note that it might dry your skin, so I think it's better to   use it only once every two or three days after your acne condition gets better.

2. Lemon facial mask

I know how frustrating it can be to attempt to remove acne scarring or pigmentation from your skin. It definitely takes a lot of time, and it can't be rushed. Just get some fresh lemon juice, dilute it with twice the amount of water, some honey, soak a cotton pad with the mixture and dab it all over your face. Leave it on for about 15 - 20 minutes and then rinse it off. It might sting slightly for some people. In such cases, dilute the mixture further. Do keep it away from open wounds and stay away from sunlight! Lemon juice causes your skin to become more photosensitive and increases your likelihood of getting sunburns. In about 2 months, you'll see a visible lightening of your pigmentation and scarring.

3. Aloe Vera Moisturizer

You know that itch in your hands you'll get when you see a huge ugly pimple. You just can't resist picking at it, poking it and squeezing out the gross pus. Then, as you look at the gaping wound in dismay, you'll regret your actions and fear the subsequent scarring that will most definitely happen. Aloe Vera gel helps reduce the likelihood of getting such scarring for it has wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. It stimulates the growth of new cells and helps the skin heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. It is extremely cooling, keeps your skin hydrated, reduced wrinkles/stretch marks and it has anti-ageing properties too! How awesome is that?

With a combination of these 3 home remedies, my acne condition is kept in check and hopefully, in a bit more time, I'll get rid of all those small pigmentations/scarring on my cheeks. The marks on my forehead are almost gone! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments